EMTs Face Silent Mental Health and Suicide Risk

Stephen Henderson talks with Chris Cebollero, former EMT and Chief of Emergency Medical Services for Children Hospital in St. Louis,...

Is an I-94 Expansion Necessary?

Stephen Henderson speaks with Rob Morosi, a spokesman for the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), about the effects of adding lanes...

Pedestrian Bridge Planned over I-75 in Woodhaven

i_yudai/ CC The City of Woodhaven is planning to build a new pedestrian bridge over I-75. The bridge, an addition to...

Blades vs Blight: Detroit Mower Gang Kicks Grass on the West Side

Danielle Barrett / Detroit Mower Gang "I came here for the wrong reasons, but I keep coming back for the...

NPR’s #RaceOnTech: What Does Diversity Really Mean in Technology and Science?

Stephen Henderson speaks with Michael Evans from Loveland Technologies and PishPosh.tv about NPR's All Tech Considered's #RaceOnTech campaign, which highlights the diverse...

How Does the End of Aramark Private Food Services Affect Michigan Prisons?

Stephen Henderson talks with Sasha Volokh, Associate Professor of Law at Emory University, about private prison services.  They talk about the abrupt...

Pluto Flyby: NASA’s New Horizons Makes History

Courtesy of NASA   "It took us about three days to get to the moon when we went to the moon. It...

Thousands of Volunteers to Clean Up 100 City Blocks in Detroit This Week

The Detroit non-profit group Focus: HOPE is bringing thousands of volunteers together this week to clean up 100 blocks in...

Understanding Riverside Park

Michael Ference Detroit’s Riverside Park is at the heart of an ongoing debate between city hall, local residents and the...

Michigan Congresswoman Says White House Forum on Aging Must Address Broken Long-Term Health Care System

White House officials host an annual Conference on Aging today. And this year’s summit includes one Michigan lawmaker who has...

Effects of Detroit Newspaper Strike Still Being Felt 20 Years Later

On July 13, 1995, nearly 2,500 Detroit newspaper employees walked off their jobs to protest what they called management's unfair...

Tragedy and Triumph out of a Strike

Stephen Henderson: Welcome to Detroit Today on 101.9 WDET. I’m Stephen Henderson and thanks for joining us this Monday, July...