Subscribe where ever you listen to podcasts:
Dazmonique Carr is on a mission to transform Detroit’s food system, making locally grown produce more accessible for residents.
Carr is the owner of Deeply Rooted Produce, a mobile grocery store that facilitates distribution of locally grown fruits and vegetables.
Sourcing produce from local growers and from their own farms, Deeply Rooted Produce is designed to deliver fresh, nutritious food to Detroit residents that is otherwise difficult to find and expensive to buy.
As a new and growing business, Deeply Rooted Produce also offers volunteer opportunities for people who want to get their hands dirty and see the operations side of local produce distribution firsthand.
In this episode:
- Building a better, locally sourced food system for Detroiters
- The difficulty of finding quality fruit at local supermarkets
- Nutritional benefits of eating food that is in season
- Dazmonique Carr of Deeply Rooted Produce Aims To Change the Narrative of Farmers and Food Growers
- Detroit Farmer On How Climate Change, Space Challenges Local Growing
- Online Grocery Store Delivers Michigan-Grown Foods
Essential Cooking Broadcast and Podcast is supported by La Marca Prosecco.