Labor Day has passed – and that means political campaigns around the state are moving into high gear.
Detroiters should expect to see and hear many more TV and radio ads about Michigan candidates ahead of November’s midterm elections. Key battles include the races for governor, secretary of state and attorney general.
Detroit city residents will also decide races for the 12th and 13th Congressional Districts, Wayne County Sheriff and County Executive.
The general election takes place on Tuesday, November 8.
Other headlines for September 6, 2022:
- Automakers prepare for the return of Detroit Auto Show
- Buildings near Campus Martius evacuated after strong gas smell
- Gas prices slightly up compared to previous week
- Deadline Detroit publishes final edition
- DIA acquires painting from Detroit artist Shirley Woodson
Photo Credit: Nate Pappas, WDET