If you’ve spent any time on Instagram, you’ve likely seen lavish plates and recipes from food bloggers that look downright mouthwatering.
For Angela Davis (@thekitchenista) and MyThy Huynh (@mightyinthemitten), being a food influencer on Instagram is a full time job that brings them both joy, but requires daily dedication to the work.
Subscribe where ever you listen to podcasts:
Angela Davis was a full-time accountant who moonlighted as a food blogger for fun. She would cook at night, and after increasing demand to share her recipes, Davis moved onto Instagram where she goes by @thekitchenista.
MyThy Huynh is an emergency room nurse who found comfort in cooking after long shifts at the hospital. Eventually, she started the Instagram account @mightyinthemitten.
Davis and Huynh now have thousands of devoted Instagram followers – 135,000 and 25,000, respectively – who check their feeds for culinary inspiration every day.
Recipe for Success
To make The Kitchenista and Mighty in the Mitten successful foodie accounts, Davis and Huynh have a recipe for success that keep their fans coming back:
- Quality – Great looking food and recipes are essential to attract new followers and keep them coming back. Among their most requested recipes are comfort food: Mac ‘n’ cheese for the Davis, and dumplings for Huynh.
- Consistency – Offering new content daily ensures there’s always something new for audiences.
- Engagement – Always responding to questions and comments from fans and collaborators.
In This Episode
- The Kitchenista and Mighty in the Mitten talk about why they started food blogs
- Comfort foods top the list of most viewed posts
- The challenge of creating new content every day
- Learning to cook from TV and the internet
Essential Cooking Broadcast and Podcast is supported by La Marca Prosecco.