Support Detroit's Public Radio Station
Public Radio is a partnership and WDET members are vital to our station’s success.
Every day, we do the best possible job we can to bring you radio that's informative and enjoyable. In exchange, we ask that you become a member of WDET and support the programming you love. Contributions from members are vital because listener support is public radio's most important -- and reliable -- source of income.
One of the ways we say "thank you" when you become a member is exclusive WDET swag and experiences. You can select a thank you gift each time you make a qualifying gift of support. View our latest thank you gifts >>
Members also receive perks throughout the year, including invitations to members-only events and offers like pre-sale tickets, discounts, and giveaways.
If you have questions regarding your WDET membership, contact Member Services at 313.577.4550 or email@example.com.
As a WDET Sustaining Member, your gift goes further by:
- Providing WDET with a stable source of income to support the programming you value.
- Eliminating the cost of installment reminder notices.
- Reducing the cost of processing payments.
It's As Easy as 1-2-3!
- Decide how much you want to contribute to WDET each month.
- Use or our secure online form or call WDET Membership Services at 313-577-4550. Installments can be paid from your VISA, Master Card or Discover, debit or credit card.
- Sit back and relax. Your installment will be automatically deducted with a record of each transaction appearing on your debit or credit card statement. Your membership is automatically renewed each year on your membership anniversary date.
WDET Leadership Circle
WDET’s Leadership Circle is a unique opportunity for you to make a bigger impact on Detroit’s public radio station. For an annual gift of $1,200 or more, you'll be invited to join a special group of other loyal WDET supporters who share your passion for quality news, music and storytelling.
Leadership Circle members receive the following benefits and more:
- First to know about new programming, events and other exciting changes at WDET
- Complimentary tickets to select WDET-hosted and sponsored events and experiences.
- Invitations to intimate gatherings hosted by WDET and NPR personalities including:
- Private Tours of WDET’s Studios: Bring a guest and visit our studios in Midtown Detroit (By Appointment)
- Ann Delisi’s Breakfast Club: Enjoy great food and conversation at a cool Detroit restaurant with WDET music host Ann Delisi. You’ll go home with new music knowledge and a mix of hand-picked songs from Ann. (Hosted Twice A Year)
- Leadership Lunches: Have lunch in the new WDET newsroom with our reporters, producers, and hosts. Hear what stories we're working on and discuss the issues that matter most to you. (Hosted Quarterly)
- Opportunities to participate in on-air challenges that leverage your gift to inspire other listeners to join you in supporting WDET
- Direct access to WDET Development staff
You can become a member of WDET's Leadership Circle today by making your gift online in a $1,200 lump sum or $100 monthly sustaining donation.
Members who have donated a cumulative $1,200 within a single year are automatically included in the Leadership Circle.
For more information, please contact WDET’s Membership Director Lea Thomas at 313-577-4226 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Endowed Gifts, Planned Gifts, and Bequests
A gift to the endowment at WDET is an investment in the future. With careful stewardship, endowed funds grow in value over time, providing resources in perpetuity. Each endowed fund has an invested principal that is never spent. The principal earns income that is then distributed to a spending account. The spending account is then used to support the specified purpose of the endowed fund.
Endowed funds can be restricted, meaning that they are used to support a purpose designated by the donor. Many WDET donors designate their giving to a program. Alternatively, some donors establish unrestricted endowed funds, which are used by WDET to provide support where it is needed most.
A planned gift is a thoughtful and strategic way to support WDET. There are several types of planned gifts to suit a variety of personal and charitable goals. Because every donor's circumstance, needs and assets are different, we recommend that you discuss your specific goals with our planned giving professionals to help make your gift as effective as possible, both for you and for WDET.
Individuals may make a gift through a bequest, where WDET is named as a beneficiary in a will or trust. The bequest may be for an exact amount or for a percentage of the estate. The gift may be designated for a specific purpose or it may be left unrestricted, benefiting the area WDET where it is needed most.The donor's estate will be entitled to a tax deduction for the charitable gift.
For more information, please contact:
WDET's success is directly related to our connection with you, our listeners. Your generous efforts and gifts of your time are one of the things that help keep great radio alive!
We need your help with:
- "Thank You" Gift Packing
- Music Library Assistance
- Plant Tending
- And More!
Fill out our volunteer application and we will get in touch with you as opportunities arise! For more information about volunteering at WDET, contact our Membership team at 313.577.4550 or email@example.com.
Vehicle Donation Program
When you donate a vehicle to benefit WDET 101.9FM, you actually turn your car into the programs you love. From our original, Detroit-centric programs like Detroit Today and Ann Delisi's Essential Music to the slate of top quality national programs like All Things Considered, On Point, and Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me, your gift makes a difference at WDET.
In exchange, we give you a free one-year membership to WDET and a pledge to keep the station strong and vital in the community. Your vehicle is towed free of charge, and the donation is eligible for a tax deduction.
Donating a car is fast, easy and secure. Learn more at wdet.org/cars.
Underwriting & Corporate Sponsorship
Corporate underwriting and event underwriting are cost effective ways to reach the well-educated and influential men and women who tune to WDET each week. Learn more about our corporate sponsorship opportunities »