WDET Endowed Enhancement Fund
Secure The Future of Detroit Public Radio
A gift to the endowment at WDET is an investment in the future. With careful stewardship, endowed funds grow in value over time, providing resources in perpetuity. Each endowed fund has an invested principal that is never spent. The principal earns income that is then distributed to a spending account. The spending account is then used to support the specified purpose of the endowed fund.
The purpose of the WDET Enhancement Fund is to assist the station with operational costs including, but not limited to the purchase of new equipment, the funding of educational programming and projects that advance the strategic development of the station contributing to the betterment of the Detroit metropolitan community and the world.
Ways you can make sure that Detroit’s Public Radio is always here:
- Be a steward of an irreplaceable treasure
- Support a permanent, sustainable funding source
- Participate in maintaining vital programs and creating new ones
- Use your endowment investment to boost your contribution
Annual giving secures TODAY
- Annual fund raisers provide funds for current operations
- Endowment funding provides an annual stream of permanent support
- As the value of the endowment increases, income transferable to the operating budget increases
What can you do to help us secure the future of WDET?
- Make a gift of cash, securities or other property
- Leave a bequest to the WDET Enhancement Fund Endowment
- Establish a Charitable Remainder Trust
- Establish a Charitable Lead Trust
- Make a gift of Life Insurance
- Establish a tribute fund
For more information, please contact WDET's Associate Director of Philanthropy Carmen Garcia at email@example.com or 313-577-3342.