The vehicle was donated by Mary Wilson, the widow of former Buffalo Bills owner and Detroit businessman Ralph C. Wilson, who gave her the Custom 880 in 1994 as a gift.
The origin of this particular vehicle can be traced back to Horace Dodge Jr. purchasing it as a holiday gift for his mother Anna Thompson, but died in 1963 before he could give it to her. The car was one of the first two vehicles to come off the line for this model.
Car detailing YouTuber AMMO NYC found out about this classic Dodge vehicle and wanted to restore and preserve some of the original elements of the car. Check out his amazing video below.
Each raffle ticket costs $101.90 and you’re allowed to buy more than one. The drawing will be held on September 24, 2023. Click here for complete contest rules.
Horace in the news
Watch CultureShift co-host Ryan Patrick Hooper talk about the historic car with Fox 2 Detroit’s Ryan Ermanni.
The Detroit News featured “Horace” in their 2023 Woodward Dream Cruise preview. Read it here.
Questions? Please call 313-577-4146.
Click photos to enlarge
- Is my ticket purchase tax deductible? No – 100% of ticket sales go to support WDET Radio.
- When is the drawing? Sunday, September 24, 2023 between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- If I win, how do I claim my prize? Winners will be responsible for making arrangements and for picking it up at a mutually agreed upon location in metro Detroit that includes photos to be used for publicity purposes. Winner is responsible for all costs incurred to take possession of the vehicle in the metropolitan Detroit area. This includes but is not limited to, delivery/shipping costs from metropolitan Detroit, sales tax, title transfer, license fees, state and federal income tax liability, and insurance are the responsibility of the winner.
- Is this a licensed raffle? – Yes. MI Raffle License #R70052.
- Are there tax implications if I win? Yes — please refer to the contest rules at wdet.org/raffle.
- Why do I have to be 18 years of age or older? State law prohibits minors from entering this contest.
- Can I pick up a ticket at the WDET Studios? No. You can drop off payment at WDET Studios in Midtown Detroit, but tickets are being mailed out by a third party.
- Can I pay for a ticket via check? Yes! Payable and mail (or deliver) to WDET Radio, 4600 Cass Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201 and indicate it’s for the 1964 Dodge 880 raffle, along with phone and return address to confirm receipt and send off tickets.
- I have other questions, who can I talk to? Please contact Derek Donnellon at email@example.com or 313-577-4255.
Please note: This 1964 Dodge Custom 880 is listed in f