The City of Detroit is opening two 24-hour warming centers to provide shelter from the harsh cold this week.
Listen and Subscribe to the Detroit Evening Report
The locations are:
- Farwell Recreation Center: 2711 E. Outer Drive
- Patton Recreation Center: 2301 Woodmere St.
Both facilities will be open through February 5 at 8 a.m.
Three additional locations will be open through March 31 — the Detroit Rescue Mission will shelter families and single women at 11037 Mack Ave, and single men at their location at 3535 Third Ave. Cass Community Social Services will shelter families and single women at 11850 Woodrow Wilson St.
The three locations above will provide meals, showers and sleeping accommodations.
Temperatures will plummet once again Friday with a high of 13 degrees and low of three.
For more information regarding shelters and warming centers, call CAM at 313-305-0311.
Other headlines for Feb. 2, 2023:
- Court ruling expected soon about extending moratorium on water shut offs in Detroit
- QLine partners with Wayne State to pilot $5 park-and-ride program
- August Wilson African American Cultural Center announces Black Bottom Film Festival
Do you have a community story WDET should tell? Let us know in an email to email@example.com.