Welcome to the Detroit Evening Report, a daily round-up of news that city residents need to know.
Heavy rain and high winds are expected this evening and overnight. Metro Detroit may see as much as 3 inches of rain in total. The National Weather Service has issued a flood watch through Tuesday morning and warns that periods of rain may be accompanied by wind gusts up to 60 mph. Residents should clear the storm drains of leaves, twigs and debris to help prevent street flooding.
Other headlines for June 6, 2022:
- Production of baby formula resumes at Abbott Nutrition
- Severely injured car crash patients losing care at accelerated pace due to auto no-fault law
- Whitmer signs law aimed at making mental health services more affordable
- At least 15 test positive for COVID-19 after attending the Mackinac Policy Conference
- AAA reports gas prices in Metro Detroit are averaging around $5.14 a gallon