Highlights from the Mackinac Policy Conference
Stella Yu joins host Cheyna Roth to recap the 2022 Mackinac Policy Conference including Gov. Whitmer’s roads progress and takeaways from the GOP debate that took place.
Subscribe to MichMash on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, NPR One or wherever you get your podcasts.
Every year, lawmakers and lobbyists flock to Mackinac Island for the annual policy conference. It’s a who’s who of power brokers in the state, set against a backdrop frozen in time at the Grand Hotel.
Deals are made, speeches are given, and afterparties thrown. Naturally, journalists are sure to attend.
Stella Yu, reporter from Bridge Michigan, went to the conference for the first time this year, and breaks down some of the highlights of the week with MichMash host Cheyna Roth.
In this episode:
- Highlights from the 2022 Mackinac Policy Conference
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s progress on roads
- The unspoken racial divide between conference attendees and workers on the island
- Takeaways from the GOP debate, including Republican positions on gun control following mass shootings in recent weeks
More from MichMash:
- What’s next for GOP gubernatorial candidates kicked off ballot?
- Whitmer’s budget turns heads in election year
Trusted, accurate, up-to-date.
WDET strives to make our journalism accessible to everyone. As a public media institution, we maintain our journalistic integrity through independent support from readers like you. If you value WDET as your source of news, music and conversation, please make a gift today.