Plans to repurpose a Metro Detroit landmark are moving forward. Construction on the historic WWJ Radio building on 8 Mile at Meyers is expected to get underway soon. Built in the 1930’s the building housed WWJ Radio for many decades. Union Joints Restaurant Group Purchased the building and surrounding grounds. Company Co-owners Curt Catallo and Ann Stephenson tell WDET’s Amy Miller that the property will be repurposed with the same approach as their other properties, including the Vinsetta Garage, Fenton Fire Hall, and Union Woodshop. Their goal is to preserve the historical integrity of the buildings.
Click on the audio link above to hear the entire conversation