Detroit residents pay the highest rates for auto insurance in the country. But some residents have realized that they can make their rates go down simply by using a suburban address.
Have you done this? Do you use your parent’s address or maybe that home you used to rent in the suburbs to lower your rate? If you’ve lied about your address to save on auto insurance WDET would like to talk to you for a story.
Get In Touch With Us
Get in touch with us and answer these questions:
- Why did you lie about your address for your auto insurance?
- What city do you say you live in and what city do you actually live in?
- When you fill out the 2020 Census, what city are you going to say you live in: the one tied to your auto insurance or the city you actually live in? Why?
There are four different ways you can get us this info:
- Call (313) 444-9129 and leave a voicemail.
- Record a voice memo on your smart phone and email it to laura.herberg [at] wdet [dot] org.
- Write out your answers and email them to me.
- Or just comment below.
Please send in your answers before Friday, March 6th.