The North American International Auto Show opens to the media on January 11, five days before the public gets to see the shiny cars and eye-catching displays at Detroit’s Cobo Center. The chairman of this year’s show, Paul Sabatini, says automakers have spent $200 million on their exhibits, most of which are new or different. Sabatini tells WDET’s Pat Batcheller an event this big requires a lot of advance planning. He says more than 800-thousand people attended last year’s show. The 2016 version opens to the public on January 16. Click on the audio player to hear the conversation.