Here’s a roundup of the results of several local proposals on the ballot yesterday, besides Proposal 1.
- Voters in Oak Park approved a change to the city’s alcohol ordinance, allowing bars and restaurants to serve hard liquor.
- Ferndale residents approved a $45 million bond for streets and parks.
- In Lincoln Park and Wayne, voters rejected charter amendments that would have created new retirement systems for police and fire departments.
- In the Farmington Public Schools, voters approved a $131.5 million bond for building improvements, better security, and technology upgrades.
- School bonds passed in Birmingham, Berkley, and South Lyon, but failed in Lake Shore, Riverview, and Grosse Ile.
- Voters on Grosse Ile approved a special millage fund for school repairs. Similar funds failed in the Huron Valley and Pontiac school districts.
About 24 percent of Michigan’s registered voters cast ballots. Turnout was 27 percent in Oakland County, 25 percent in Macomb County, and less than 19 percent in Wayne County.
Click the links below for results: