Interested applicants should search 045630 on the Wayne State University jobs site.
Provides executive-level assistance to the WDET General Manager and supports the productivity and effectiveness of the executive and the WDET team leaders. Supports the triage and prioritization of activities of the executive and their team in a fast-paced environment requiring judgement, discretion and accuracy. Assists in organizing key initiatives to ensure goals are met. The team leaders include the Associate Director of Business Operations, Manager of Business Affairs, Associate Director of Marketing, Programming Director, and the Associate Director of Philanthropy. Reports to Sr. Director/General Manager, WDET.
- Provides complex calendar management, exercising discretion and judgment to analyze and appropriately prioritize complicated and challenging schedules; respond to frequent changes in schedules; set priorities. Coordinate and organize meetings and other events, including large events and off-campus events. Ensure that meetings and other events have appropriate pre-planning, locations, supplies, audio-visual equipment, and other needs met. Order supplies as needed for events, meetings, and day-to-day work. Prepare itineraries, agenda packets and travel arrangements. Create and maintain travel folders from start to finish of event. Coordinates meetings and prepares memos, letters, meeting agendas, summary notes, reports, spreadsheets, charts, and presentations. Handle highly sensitive and confidential information. Manages correspondence and communication (verbal, written, and e-mail) taking appropriate action when possible; clarify and organize required action on behalf of the General Manager and senior staff. Special project work as specified.
- Assists WDET General Manager and senior staff in organizing projects to design and implement annual giving, grant development, and other efforts needed to meet WDET's annual goals. Proactively anticipates needs and drives improvements to build capacity for the team. Contribute to the strategy and planning sessions for the Department. Researches and recommend strategies for implementing special projects related to WDET Radio programing, events and fundraising initiatives. Ensure that the day-to-day assigned operations are run both smoothly and efficiently.
- Acts as liaison between the General Manager, WDET Management Staff and other departments within the University and external stakeholders as it relates to special project coordination and administrative task completion. Prepares and monitors the status and progress of various performance metrics and key deliverables established by the General Manager to include, but not limited to, Management scorecard updates and other metrics. Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items. Prepare status reports for the General Manager and team leaders on a regular basis.
- Serve as a central point of contact for general information and building coordinator. Responds tactfully and promptly to inquiries. Assists in the maintenance of the station's Public File and other records and reports to ensure compliance with FCC regulations and University policies. Coordinate activities associated with WDET internship program. Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of business processes and roles within the organization. Works in coordination with WDET Administration department to provide support with budget management and underwriting administration. Serve as receptionist as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Nonprofit Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in an executive assistant or similar role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Proven ability to provide role model influence and leadership.
- Strong ethical values with an exemplary level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize and coordinate a dynamic workload and complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Ability to exercise judgement with incomplete information.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in order to achieve high degree of accuracy.
- High-level computer skill proficiency and demonstrated ability to improve technical skills.
- Extensive proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel.
- Ability to create presentations with Power Point or equivalent software.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Comfort with and ability to adapt in a changing technical environment.