Parenting in an Era of Climate Change
Presented by Planet Detroit + WDET
440 Burroughs Street, MI View on map
Share this event with friends:
FREE | Brown Bag | Soft Drinks Provided
Parents (or parents-to-be) — Let’s talk about about the ways climate change impacts how we parent our children in Metro Detroit—whether it’s talking with them about climate change, thinking/planning for their futures, changing our day-to-day approach to parenting (including dealing with grief and anxiety), or being active in the community.
- Jenn McKee @jennmckee, Journalist, essayist, and “adequate mom”
- Lydia Wylie-Kellerman @lydiaiwk, Editor of @GeezMagazine and co-editor of http://RadicalDiscipleship.net. Writer, activist, mother.
- Joel Howrani-Heeres @sustain_detroit City of Detroit Sustainability Director, Passionate about Detroit, energy, climate, sustainability, urban planning, bike commuting, and dad.
- Bryce Detroit @BryceDetroit Detroit Recordings Company; Founder #DetroitCultureCreator …Pioneer of #EntertainmentJustice #21stCenturyHipHop
- Tammi Black @MTreehouse, Founder of the Manistique Community Treehouse and mother of six, each of whom has special needs.
- Anna Sysling @ASysling WDET Producer Environment/Health/Detroit Today @wdet
- Nina Ignaczak @ninaignaczak, Publisher + Editor @PlanetDetroit Newsletter, Writer + Multimedia Producer
- 12 pm Meet, greet & find seats
- 12:15 Panel discussion
- 1 pm Audience Q&A
- 1:30 Adjourn