The Event and Promotions Coordinator is responsible for a range of event-related tasks, including planning, promotion, project management, on-site coordination/execution support and post event summaries. Responsible for assisting in the production of events from conception through to completion and the coordination of events or activities ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Events can include but are not limited to trivia nights, donor events, high-end fundraisers, community meetings, festivals and more. As this position works closely with the Business Development Team, there may be an opportunity to provide occasional clerical support to the team.
Interested candidates can apply through jobs.wayne.edu by searching posting #046080.
- Coordinate WDET events and other promotion/marketing projects including logistics, giveaways, contest fulfillment, talent scheduling, on-site event prep, set up and tear down.
- Coordinate on-air event promotion as well as online and social media event posting and promotions schedules.
- Coordinate event details and logistics such as facilities, catering, entertainment, transportation, special guest handling, equipment and, promotional material, etc.
- Work closely with supervisor on messaging direction, promotions, show appearances, and communications internally and externally.
- Conduct pre and post-event evaluations and report on event goals and objectives outcomes.
- Manage online event calendar and Eventbrite ticket management.
- Maintain event email lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional experience in: event planning/production, promotion, marketing.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- A college degree in communications, marketing, public others or related field helpful.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in event planning and executing promotional activations preferred.
- Experience with Google Documents, calendars, and all basic Microsoft products required.
- Knowledge of Zoom capabilities, Eventbrite ticketing system, Mailchimp email program and how to create web posts are a plus!
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds, have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Part-time position, up to 20 hours per week. No benefits.
WDET is looking for someone who is all about the details and the big picture. Adaptable, and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving, constantly changing, highly collaborative work environment. You must be organized, have excellent time-management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks when faced with multiple deadlines. We also need you to be a people-person with strong interpersonal skills. You will interact with many audiences, internal and external, often as our brand ambassador. Therefore, you must not only be comfortable interacting with our loyal listeners, but you should really love WDET and public media, or this the job is not for you.