Job Title: WDET Membership Associate
Wayne State University is searching for an experienced WDET Membership Associate at its Detroit campus location.
Wayne State is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Detroit, Michigan where students from all backgrounds are offered a rich, high-quality education. Our deep-rooted commitment to excellence, collaboration, integrity, diversity and inclusion creates exceptional educational opportunities which prepare students for success in a global society.
Essential functions (job duties):
Serves as the Member Services first point of contact for WDET Members, providing professional, timely and accurate responses to member phone calls, emails and letters and tracking all interactions in the membership database. Serves as back up to support for monthly direct mail and e-renewal processes and for Allegiance Import process. Oversees the management of WDET’s Sustaining Member and Vehicle Donation programs and supports the department’s annual giving plan. Serves as point of contact for vendors of premiums for members. Coordinates volunteer activities for the Membership Department. Reports to Associate Director, Philanthropy.
Serves as the Member Services first point of contact for WDET Members, providing professional, timely and accurate responses to member phone calls, emails and letters and tracking all interactions in the membership database. Serves as back up to support monthly direct mail and e-renewal processes and for Allegiance Import process.
Serves as point of contact for premium vendors; obtains quotations for items, manages order process and tracks premium inventory, tracks expenditures, works with graphic artist on vendor requirements for premium designs, plans monthly shipment of premiums. Monitors expenditures.
Oversees the management of WDET’s Sustaining Member and Vehicle Donation programs.
Assists with Monitor on-air fundraising preparations, including script writing/editing. Participate in on-air fundraising on the Revenue Desk.
Writes and coordinates distribution of monthly member newsletter. Coordinates volunteer activities for Membership Department. Performs other duties, including event assistance (Wayne State University Farmers Market, comedy events, etc.).
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Reports to: Associate Director.
Leadership Accountability: Implements operating plans.
Financial Accountability: Monitors expenditures.
Customer Accountability: Interfaces with customers outside the S/C/D.
Freedom to Act: Subject to regular review by supervisor.
- High school completion or General Education Diploma required.
- Preferred: Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, business administration or related field.
- Experienced (minimum 2 years of job-related experience).
- Requires 2 years experience in public radio or TV membership fundraising and strong project management skills.
- Extensive computer skills including knowledge of fundraising software programs.
- Experience using with Allegiance fundraising software strongly preferred.
- Understanding of revenue sources, public media experience preferred. Working knowledge of databases.
- Experience working with vendors to obtain high quality premiums for public media fundraising.
- Requires experience working with donor databases.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to foster high standards and the ability to coach, inspire and lead, even from a non-supervisory position.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem-solve member services issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of revenue sources; public media experience preferred. Working knowledge of databases. Experience working with vendors to obtain high-quality premiums for public media fundraising.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability assess the progress/success of the Sustaining Member, Vehicle Donation and Volunteer programs.
- Ability to update member accounts in Allegiance, create effective queries in databases and understand how to modify them to yield best results.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills including ability to build consensus, anticipate problems and difficult situations and develop mutually agreed-upon strategies and/or solutions.
- Ability to manage independently a variety of projects while ensuring appropriate tracking, quality control, follow-up and that multiple deadlines are met. Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; adapt to changing conditions and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals. Ability to develop and implement strategic plans that meet desired results, including quantifiable outcomes within budgets and timelines.
- Understanding of industry best practices and the ability to merge the conceptual/academic with real world application.
H72 – WDET
H8703 – WDET
- Regular Employee
- Job type: Fractional Time
- Job category: Staff/Administrative
- Compensation type: Annual Salary
- Salary minimum:
- Salary hire maximum: $26,250
Normal office environment. Must have the ability to lift 30-pound boxes. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Number of openings: 1
- Reposted position: No
Background check requirements:
University policy requires certain persons who are offered employment to undergo a background check, including a criminal history check, before starting work. If you are offered employment, the university will inform you if a background check is required.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
Wayne State University provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. The university encourages applications from women, people of color and other underrepresented people. Wayne State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.