Welcome to the Detroit Evening Report, a daily round-up of news that city residents need to know.
General Motors released its first-quarter earnings on Tuesday afternoon. The Detroit automaker reported net income of $2.9 billion between the first of January and the end of March. The automaker credits the earnings in part to continued strong demand for its pickup trucks. Ford is scheduled to announce its first quarter earnings Wednesday. Stellantis – which is Chrysler’s parent company – releases its results next week.
Other headlines for April 26, 2022:
- Ford begins production of F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck
- Dates for Detroit’s North American International Auto Show announced
- Duggan, Biden meet, discuss how ARPA funds could help Detroiters
- Maker of Sanders Chocolates and Kar’s Nuts sold to private equity investor
- Lizzo will return to the Motor City this fall
Listen: Today’s top stories from the Detroit Evening Report.