Jobs & Internships
WDET Membership Assistant
Days/hours & duration of job: 20 hrs/wk
The WDET Membership Assistant is the first line of contact for WDET members. They must perceive and conduct themselves as an ambassador of WDET and Wayne State University.
The Membership Assistant is responsible for:
- Professional and timely response to member phone calls, emails and letters and tracking interactions in membership database (Allegiance.)
- Confidential membership database usage
- Cultivate positive vendor relationships; soliciting quotes, and completing negotiations and purchasing processes
- Inventory management and Shipment Processing
- Execute Member/Payment retention strategies & reporting
- Process Mailings and E-Mailing
- Event assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years proven success in direct customer service required
- Working knowledge of a member database such as Allegiance or Raiser’s Edge
- Superior interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, with focus on customer satisfaction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and ability to use multiple applications simultaneously
- Ability to manage deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels of an organization, across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational and social backgrounds.
- Ability to move up to 30# boxes
- Must be detail oriented, organized and manage time efficiently
- Proven ability to generate consistent, error-free correspondence
- Able to be flexible in schedule and task and remain pleasant and professional throughout
Application Instructions: E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Gain the skills you need for the future at Wayne State’s public radio station, WDET 101.9 FM Detroit.
Wayne State University’s public radio station WDET is looking for mature and self-motivated interns and volunteers interested in pursuing a career in multi-media journalism, audio engineering or public media business and sales.
WDET offers internships for credit. With opportunities ranging from field reporting and photojournalism, to social media engagement and marketing, there’s a chance for every applicant to learn useful skills. Students and volunteers must be able to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week.
WDET's success is directly related to our connection with you, our listeners. Your generous efforts and gifts of your time are one of the things that help keep great radio alive!
We need your help with:
- "Thank You" Gift Packing
- Music Library Assistance
- Plant Tending
- And More!
Fill out our volunteer application and we will get in touch with you as opportunities arise! For more information about volunteering at WDET, contact our Membership team at 313.577.4550 or email@example.com.